PCC’s internal audit specialists have an average of 20 years of experience in auditing, fraud investigation, accounting, financial analysis, and internal controls documentation and testing. PCC’s professionals hold relevant professional certifications, including CIA and CICA.
PCC uses risk-based methodologies to identify significant exposure to financial losses caused by errors, defalcations, and operational inefficiencies. PCC then designs audit plans that are cost effective and minimally intrusive to its clients’ day-to-day operations. PCC’s audit reports are concise, compelling, and provide recommendations for remediating existing problems and establishing or enhancing policies and procedures to minimize the risk of future issues.
PCC has successfully assisted clients to overcome the following internal audit challenges:
- Quantified risks related to insufficiently designed or operationally ineffective internal controls
- Aligned audit requirements with business strategy
- Analyzed large volumes of complex data to identify potentially fraudulent transactions and provided short and long term recommendations for internal control improvements
- Provided clients with multi-year Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 compliance assistance, while reducing compliance costs and increasing project efficiency every year
- Disclosed numerous internal control deficiencies and procedural flaws in a multi-location cash reconciliation process
- Identified fraudulent procurement card transactions and recommended changes to control procurement card use
PCC provides internal audit services to clients of various sizes across diverse industries. Our clients benefit from our experience in auditing, data analysis, accounting, and providing solutions to a variety of business challenges.
Internal Audit Results
- Completed year-one documentation and testing within a very short time frame after being retained very late to replace an inexperienced SOX team. PCC helped to reduce the company’s overall compliance costs by 80% in subsequent years without sacrificing quality.
- Analyzed a large volume of transactions and disclosed that approximately $46,000 (36%) of the employee’s purchases were not properly supported.
- Recommended a series of cost-effective internal control improvements designed to improve the reliability of the $70 million department’s financial reporting and reduce the risk of improprieties.
- Assisted client’s newly-hired Internal Audit team complete all SOX documentation and testing prior to the compliance deadline using PCC’s SOX expertise.